Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hindsightblog


Sabres/Panthers
I said Buffalo finds a way to beat Florida at home....It happened. Patrick Lalime looked an NHL goalie in this one 30 for 31. Excellent night. Panthers have dropped two, by the time they get back to Sunrise for their five game homestand they’ll be in 9th, with only two points of breathing room between their 9th spot and the Sabres 10th.

Blue Jackets/Penguins
I said the Pens depth scoring gets it done, I said Steve Mason would be a beast. I said Pens win. Meatloaf said it best, two out of three ain’t bad. Easily the most exciting involving an Eastern Conference team. Down 3-0 in the third goals from Gonchar, Dupuis, and Talbot in a 3:25 span. The one thing I failed to mention was the Huselius factor. Fleury gave up a soff goal to Wolverine, sorry, Huselius, and then the shootout was a carbon copy. Not many 4-3 games are goaltending duels, this one was.

Devils/Coyotes
I called Devils for an easy win, it happened. Brodeur one win away from tying Patrick Roy. Is there any sane human being who doesn’t think Marty is the best goalie ever? Gretzky’s 99 is retired because he owns the record book for skaters, Marty’s 30 should be retired league-wide because he will own the record book for goalies. I think the Hall of Fame should waive the waiting period for him on the sad day when he hangs up the skates. He wins another Cup before then, bank it.

Bruins/Senators
I called Bruins, it happened. I didn’t see any of this game. 5-3 both teams end streaks.

Islanders/Canadiens
It took overtime, but the Islanders win on the road for the first time since January, only their 7th on the road. Carey Price actually used his glove to catch pucks, instead of using it as a second blocker. Okposo’s OT winner was soff, Price will want that back. Good news for Montreal is that the Pens only got one point.

Rangers/Predators
What a turnaround from the first to second period for the Rags. Preds get 10 of their 21 shots and both goals in the first. Rangers owned the game from there.

Hurricanes/Stars
Stars held on to win. Ray Whitney has a rocket, great shot to make the game 3-2. Eric Staal had a great chance in the final seconds, couldn’t make it happen. Brind’Amour had two more points, (SHG PPA) he’s one fire. Marty Turco literally made one more save than Cam Ward in this one. 29-28 both faced 31 shots.

My Record after one night:

4-4
If I were a Pittsburgh Pirate I’d call it a successful night, last time the Pirates are mentioned in the same sentence as .500 record all year.
Tomorrow I try my hand at the West. Only two games on tap for tomorrow, both out West.

No comments:

Post a Comment